Sometimes our taste buds yearn for a spicy tingle or umami-inspired flair. Spice rubs enhance certain beef cuts, true. But marinades? They can take a favorite steak or roast to new levels — like the sweet heat from this Bourbon Marinade. It combines bourbon and brown sugar with Worcestershire and soy sauce to create complex flavors. Best of all … it’s a simple recipe with ingredients you probably have on hand!
- 1/4 cup Bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and place in a zipper-locking plastic bag with selected [url href=”http://www.certifiedangusbeef.com” target=”_blank”]Certified Angus Beef®[/url] brand cut. Close bag, removing air. Marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours or overnight. Remove selected cut from marinade and prepare as usual. Discard marinade.
For more recipes and cooking tips, visit CertifiedAngusBeef.com