The Athena burger is inspired by the flavors of Greece. It combines pine nuts, garlic, coriander and other spices with feta, parsley and Certified Angus Beef ® brand 85/15 or 80/20 blend ground beef. Serve it in a pita pocket with olive tapenade, sliced tomato, fresh cucumber slices, tzatziki sauce and red onion for an amazingly fresh and flavorful meal!
- 2 pounds [i][url href=”http://www.certifiedangusbeef.com” target=”_blank” title=”Certified Angus Beef brand”]Certified Angus Beef[/url] [/i]® ground beef (85/15 or 80/20 blend ideal)
- 1/2 cup (3-ounces) pine nuts
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 burger buns or pita pockets
- In a food processor, combine pine nuts, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, coriander, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to form a coarse blend like wet sand. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- By hand, combine ground beef, cheese and parsley with spice mixture.
- Form into six patties. Refrigerate for at least an hour (overnight preferred to develop full flavor).
- Grill or pan sear over high heat to a recommended internal temperature of 160F.
For more amazing burger recipes and more meal ideas, visit CertifiedAngusBeef.com.