Steak rubs are dry and marinades are wet, but both impart flavor to the beef. This recipe for Garlic Chili Rub could also be called a marinade because it’s wet, almost like a paste. It will enhance the flavor of your favorite steak cuts. Enjoy!
Garlic Chili Rub
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all spice ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Season steaks evenly with spice rub.
- Cover tightly in plastic wrap or zipper-locking plastic bag.
- Refrigerate at least one hour, or as long as overnight, before cooking.
- Grill steaks over high heat to medium rare.
- Allow to rest five minutes before serving. Slice thin against the grain.